captured heart and texture stamping

I have got the honor and pleasure of doing the September Guest DT challenge over at Smeared and Smudged this month and I am so happy about it :)

The challenge I have set is to make something using household items, either by upcycling or using them to create the project.

I have made an example of both ways for some inspiration

The first piece is an altered bottle.

I started off by putting some alcohol inks inside the bottle, as I was going to do a different design...but then I changed my mind so followed it with some rubbing alcohol on the front so you could still see inside the bottle. I then went into my garden and cut off a bit of one of my trees , added some small paper flowers to it by twisting the stems around the twigs.

I printed off the grungy Heart from smeared ink and coloured it with my promarkers then added some utee to it. I stuck it to the twigs ready for going into the bottle.

Before putting the main part into the bottle I dropped in a bit of raffia and twine and pushed it to the bottom as best as I could then I dropped in some hot glue to the bottom of the bottle. I gently held the twig close together and slowly pushed it into the bottle, It took a bit of twisting but it did eventually go in. I then sealed the top with a small wooden round thingy...not really sure what is it but I use them as feet for boxes sometimes, to this I added a large gardenia. I wound some twine around the neck of the bottle and finished it off with some ribbon and fibers. At the bottom I used a piece of black lave topped with some purple lace basically to hide the untidiness of it.  If I was to make another of these I wouldn't put the alcohol ink in as it does make it more difficult to see inside, but still I quite like my captured heart...something kinda fairy tailish about it :)




The next piece I made using a dish sponge to make the stamped background I stamped it onto some paper from my stash with chipped sapphire distress ink I then coloured in the wistful fairy stamp from smeared ink with distress inks, I wanted to keep it really simple and soft. this was added to the background with a heart shaped doily behind it, I inked over the doily with weathered wood distress ink first. To finish it I added a dark grey rolled fabric flower, a couple of pink rose buds and some bead stems.








Comments

Shell, both pieces are stunning!!! using the dishcloth as a stamp is my fav if I had to choose - what a fabulous idea xxxx Congrats in being chosen as GDT this month
Barbara said…
Fab creations.....crafters never cease to amaze me with the ideas they come up :)
Linda said…
WOW these are awesome Shelley. Love the second one and what a fabulous idea.

Hugs
Linda xxx
Sall said…
Haven't you been a busy bee, I think these are both marvelous
Zoe said…
Amazing Shelley you are so clever xxx congrats on Being the guess DT xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Under the sea

Tuesday Alchemy Challenge Learn With Joy and blog hop!